Thursday 13 August 2009

Psalm 91

Morning All,

I was reading Psalm 91 this morning and verse 3 struck me in a new way:

Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. (NIV)

The Message version reads:

That's right—he rescues you from hidden traps, shields you from deadly hazards.

This made me think about how many traps and hazards can be in our mind. For example, we do something that doesn't bring the desired outcome and we call ourselves stupid (I did this yesterday!), but then if we don't nip the thought in the bud, the thought grows until it becomes a stronghold which is then a strong part of our mindset and will form the basis through which we perceive everything.

Going back to this verse I simply want to encourage us with the verses that come before:

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.

Resting in His presence is something that can be practised. This can be cultivated by reading the Bible (where you will also get a true reflection of who you are in Christ) and spedning time in worship and simply focusing your thoughts on Him. When our mind is focused on him we're less likely to entertain thoughts that keep us trapped.

This can be done while we're on the go and as part of our day but it can be really special to set time aside and intentionally rest in His presence.

Maybe it's something we all do and feedback to each other the next time we meet??

Have a great day!

Love me.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment